Monday, April 11, 2011

Inspiration for the Muse

Right now my windows are wide open and one of my favorite sounds fills the house: it's the song of spring sung by so many birds belting out their beautiful chorus.  I am thankful for our taste of spring yesterday.  By late afternoon, it was nearly 75 degrees, and although it's supposed to get chilly again, it's still warm enough to have the windows open.

I love spring.  It's one of my favorite times of the year.  Waking up to fresh air and the sound of birds on days like today really is a pleasure.  But what I love most is the transformation.  I love watching the grass go from brown and listless to vibrant green and lush in a matter of days.  I enjoy seeing the daffodils and tulips grow taller every day.  I know that before long, they'll be erupting in color all over the country - along with new foliage on once naked trees.

It's new life, and like the birth of a baby, it's always remarkable.  Forever inspiring.  In fact, I think I'll let it inspire my muse today, and try to get some good writing in.  I hope you all had an amazing weekend and find some inspiration in your own day!    

1 comment:

college papers said...

Just like the tittle so inspiring.....Refreshing post......Thanks for sharing.