Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Brand New Season

It's hard to believe that I am almost through my first trimester of pregnancy! These last several weeks have been filled with very little nausea, plenty of fatigue, and an absolutely voracious appetite! Now as I get ready to move into the next phase of my pregnancy, I am happy to say the nausea is nearly non-existent, the fatigue is lessoning, and the hunger (I guess I can't have it all) is ever present and growing! Just like baby! What more could I ask for?

Danielle is back to school and adjusting well to seventh grade, and Chloe has begun her fall line up, including a gym class for tots, dance, and tumbling. We are preparing for fall weather and have even had a small taste of it the last few days. I love fall. I love to watch the changes. Brilliant leaves appear as God's very own color palette here on earth. The sight is amazing, the smell is nostalgic, and the crunch under my feet is nothing less than fun! On cold days, I love to savor the scent of a spicy candle and enjoy the warm glow in the absence of the sun.

Life is good, isn't it? We obediently ride along with the cycles of life. We learn to love the predictable way that things occur-- even to look forward to the changes. I guess we really have no choice, but life is still good, and the coming of the new season makes me want to write even more.

Good thing, because I have all the sudden become inundated with lots of writing work. I have two articles to write, five press releases, and one newsletter to write for, edit, and assemble, all within the next week. So I will be busy. But I must say that in between moments of writing, and raising my family, I will not forget to take the time to savor the the fall season and all the beautiful things changing in my life! I hope you will do the same in yours!

Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Matthew C. Keegan said...

Lisa, I am glad that you are doing so well. I was thinking that you were nearly due, but then I remembered that there was someone else I know is due any day now.

It is good to see you blogging again. I know you have been busy, but you have also been missed. You have a lot to juggle, so it is understandable that blogging takes a back seat.

I love fall too. Here in NC it will probably be weird this year as our drought has dried so much of our foliage up. However, God is faithful: we're experiencing the remnants of Humberto with more rain due this evening.

Lisa Vella said...

Matt,

I am tickled pink to hear from you! Honestly, I am surprised that you (and my other blogging friends) haven't totally given up on me. :)

I have a feeling that fall is going to be great for us this year. We had a long dry spell early on, but have received enough rain that our trees didn't take too much of a beating.

I am looking forward to the change because we have a lovely view of the trees. We're right up on a hill and I'm sure it's going to be spectacular. I hope you still get to enjoy your fall - with just the right amount of rain from Humberto!

Thank you again for your thoughts. It means a lot to me to know I have been missed!

Have a wonderful day!

Lisa

Unknown said...

Give up...on you?
Never!

I am glad to hear that you are still writing, and doing so well!

I hope this weekend is great for you and your family!

Sylvia C.

Lisa Vella said...

Thank you, Sylvia! We are planning a trip to Niagara Falls tomorrow! I can't wait for the girls to see it! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

Take care!

Lisa

Lisa Vella said...

Matt or Sylvia,

I have been out of the blogging loop for some time now, but I have been trying to leave some comments on some of my favorite blogs (like yours, Matt, Laura Spencers, and Michi at content done better) but the comments don't seem to be taking. Any idea what's going on there, or what I can do?

Thanks a lot!

Lisa

Kathy@TheFlawlessWord said...

Hi Lisa, I've been meaning to send you a congratulatory note on your pregnancy. I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you. It sounds like you're blessed all around. Take good care of yourself and that baby, and God bless!

Lisa Vella said...

Kathy,

So good to hear from you! Thank you so much for the congrats! Yes, everything is going great and I am very happy! As a matter of fact, I just heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday! What a joy that was. This is my third pregnancy and it's just as exciting as the first time hearing it!

Thanks again, and I will keep you updated.

God bless you too!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing a milestone!!!

I'll be praying for you and your baby to enjoy the best of health.

Lisa Vella said...

Thank you so much, Laura! Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated!

Take care!

Lisa