Thursday, August 03, 2006

Forget the Chores!

This evening as I sit down to blog, I have that nagging feeling that you get at the end of the day when you do not accomplish all that you wanted for that day. I could have but I guess essentially, I chose not to. Exactly how does the day slip away anyway? After all, I got up early this morning and felt ambitious right from the start. But it seems that I must walk around in circles. By the time I got myself and Chloe dressed and ready for the day, and my bed made, it was already time to make lunch. And lunch seems to take forever. I prepare for four children and my husband. Plus, I have to make an extra meal for him to take to work. And of course, that meal should be at least somewhat different than noon time lunch. So that means extra preparation and cutting and cleaning up. Don't get me wrong, I am not whining, but if I could just add an extra couple hours to my day that sure would be great.

After lunch I still had laundry, and mopping, and vacuuming to do, calls to make, and those darned ceiling fans that have been begging for a dusting for two weeks now. None of it got done! But I decided to take the children swimming at my dear friend Betsy's house. Double bonus! The children and I get a brief reprieve from the heat, and I get to visit with a great lady--who, by the way, just got back from Europe!

We got home late afternoon and while Chloe was sleeping, I went for a run. I didn't really feel like it, but I have committed myself to running and getting in shape, so I went anyway. I had a great workout! Again, I ignored my chores.... But summer will be coming to an end before we know it and it is better to enjoy life while we can. I once read a poem that asked, " One hundred years from now, who will remember that your dishes did not get done?" Live life! Love it! Love your family and friends--and sometimes it is ok to forget the chores!

No comments: