Monday, October 24, 2005

Untitled Hymn

I joined the choir at my church last week, and the Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus) is the name of my favorite song for the Harvest Choir. We sang this past Sunday, and will be singing again in November. I can't wait and am so excited about the music. We will be accompanied by an orchestra and I am sure it will be quite lovely.

I have to admit-- music is and always has been my truest passion. Growing up it was my whole life. My little Emerson radio was always on. I could not wait until night would come so that I could sit upstairs in my makeshift bedroom and listen and sing. I could not wait for my mother and grandmother to leave on the weekends to run errands. I would turn up my radio as loud as I pleased and would sing at the top of my lungs. Oh what a high! I feel the music as deep down in my heart and soul as I can reach. When I sang, my pain was gone. I no longer had to think about my cruel father. I wonder what masks his pain.

Anyway, I am thrilled to be a part of the choir. I expect there will be a lot of social and spiritual growth for me. I also hope to continue to grow and fulfill a dream. And how exciting would it be to fulfill a dream and glorify Jesus at the same time!

Wel, I guess this is all for tonight. It is late--past 11:30 already! Wow! Time flies. The problem with me is that I want to do so much. I have lofty goals, ideas, and dreams. How will I ever reach them. I don't even know where to start. Start somewhere, right?

I will try to blog again tomorrow. Until then, good night!

1 comment:

Betsy Henning said...

Well, Lisa, the spammers found you! Nate taught me a trick -- you can click on the trash can and delete the unwanted comments "forever". I reluctantly turned on the word verification tool on my blogsite just last night.

My comment though -- Nice blog. You captured your thoughts, mood, aspirations and dreams and wrote them down making us feel for you and with you! Thanks for sharing.